ATBinHex is a control that implements the quick file (stream) viewer. Only visible part of file (or stream) is loaded into viewer, so it's suitable to show files of unlimited size.
Original Delphi code is used for a long time inside "Universal Viewer" application.
Author: Alexey Torgashin
Limitations of Lazarus port
- Some features disabled via ATBinHexOptions.inc (searching of text, printing, regex hiliting of URLs).
- Removed method OpenFile, it used Win API, now use OpenStream.
- Removed codepages support (1-byte pages)
There are 5 view modes available:
Text: file is shown in text form
Binary: file is shown in binary form (with fixed line length)
Hex: file is shown in hex dump
Unicode: Unicode contents of file is shown
Unicode/Hex: combined Hex and Unicode modes
- Homepage of Delphi original, with all functions including printing, searching, support for many codepages: https://github.com/Alexey-T/ATViewer
- Homepage of Lazarus port with less functions: https://github.com/Alexey-T/ATBinHex-Lazarus
Tested on: Windows 7, QT (Win7), Linux GTK2 (Ubuntu 14.04), MacOS X 10.8.