Home | Tutorial 1 | Tutorial 2 | Tutorial 3 | Tutorial 4 | Tutorial 5 | Tutorial 6 | Tutorial 7 | Tutorial 8 | Tutorial 9 | Tutorial 10 | Tutorial 11 | Tutorial 12 | Tutorial 13 | Tutorial 14 | Tutorial 15 | Tutorial 16 | Edit
Welcome to the index of the tutorials for the BGRABitmap library. You can browse tutorials by number with the bar on the top, or by the following categories:
Install BGRABitmap and draw basic shapes
TBGRABitmap images have drawing functions using floating point coordinates or integer coordinates.
- Installing BGRABitmap (No. 1)
- Loading and displaying an image (No. 2)
- Drawing with the mouse (No. 3)
- Line styles (No. 6)
- Splines and Bézier curves (No. 7)
- Text functions (No. 12)
- Integer coordinates and floating point coordinates (No. 13)
Textures and scanners
Pixels are a table in memory containing values in the TBGRAPixel format. At this level, we can do various operations:
- Direct pixel access with Scanline (No. 4)
- Combining layers of pixels (No. 5)
- Generating textures (No. 8)
- Phong shading using textures (No. 9)
- Texture mapping (No. 10)
- Using scanners to combine transformations (No. 11)
Other drawing contexts
It is possible to have other contexts, that provide/allow other basic drawing functions:
- Standard Canvas (Canvas and CanvasOpacity properties) : avoid using it because of the slowness of conversions of bitmap data
- Canvas with features brought by BGRABitmap (CanvasBGRA property, Brush and Pen have an Opacity property)
- Drawing with a 2D canvas with affine transformations (No. 14)
- Real 3D rendering (No. 15)
- Using textures with 3D rendering (No. 16)
You can use BGRABitmap to improve TAChart rendering.
More classes are available (you need to create them when you need them):
- TBGRATextEffect, in unit BGRATextFX, allows to prepare the drawing of text line, to add effects like contour and shadow.
- TBGRALayeredBitmap, in unit BGRALayers, allow to create a multi-layered bitmap. Units BGRAPaintNet and BGRAOpenRaster contain implementations to read and write in Paint.NET format (read only) and OpenRaster format (read and write).
- Units BGRAGradientScanner and BGRATransform contain scanners to do various effects.
- Unit BGRAGradients contain procedures to generate gradients and TPhongShading class for Phong shading.
- TBGRACompressableBitmap, in unit BGRACompressableBitmap, allow to store and compress images.
Other units contient low level functions, and you should not need to use them for a normal usage.