English (en) │
español (es) │
Configure the IDE
In order to be able to debug your projects, you need to make sure the IDE is correctly configured.
These settings do not usually change. You need to make them only once after you installed Lazarus, or if you changed/updated your installation
The image shows where to find the option dialog in Lazarus 0.9.31 and up. In previous versions the entry is in the "Environment" menu.
- Make sure that the option "GNU debugger (GDB)" is selected.
- The path to gdb.exe may differ:
- On Linux/Unix based systems it may be something like "/usr/bin/gdb"
- On Windows it should be in a folder called "mingw\bin\" under the directory in which Lazarus is installed.
In order to debug your project, you need to tell the IDE to compile it in a special way, which provides additional information required by the debugger.
The required settings are made in the "Project Options" dialog:
- You must enable the "Generate Debug Info for GDB"
- You must not use any of the following
GDB 7.5 is not supported by Lazarus 1.0. It can be used with trunk only.
GDB 7.7.1 seems to work well with Lazarus 1.2.4.
- IDE Window: Debugger Options
- IDE Window: Run parameters This menu also covers some debugging-related options.
- GDB Debugger Tips