"RichView is a suite of native Delphi/C++Builder components for displaying, editing (not demonstrated by demo/not in freeware version*) and printing hypertext documents. Components support various character attributes (fonts, subscripts/superscripts, colored text background, custom drawn)." This package contains a port of the freeware version.
* Shareware version (as stated in lazrichview-0.5.2.2 demo project) The development of freeware version was stopped in 1999. This update was made for Delphi 5 and C++Builder 5 compatibility. Newer (shareware) version includes editor, data-aware versions, component for print preview, works with Unicode, supports HTML-style tables. Contents can have much more complicated formatting - left, center, right and justify alignments, subscripts/superscripts, paragraph backgrounds and more. Literally all actions of free version are performed in much faster and convenient way with shareware version. Please visit www.trichview.com for additional information.
Freeware (see originalreadme.txt).
The Lazarus package can be downloaded from SourceForge (0.5.2.2).
A couple of screenshots of the demo application running under Windows.
Controls can be embedded in Richview
- 30.12.05 (0.5.2.0) First Release
- 19.01.06 (0.5.2.1) Improved compilation with lazarus and packaging
- 08.09.06 (0.5.2.2) Fixes and Portability (now it works in Windows and Linux) plus demo, for details see readme.txt
Installation is the same as for other components:
- Create a directory to store the files, e.g. lazarus\components\richview
- Unzip the files from the zip file in this directory
- Open Lazarus
- Open lazrichview.lpk with Component/Open package file (.lpk)
- (Click on Compile only if you don't want to install the component into the IDE)
- Click on Install
If you have trouble with installing, before compiling: in Compiler Options->Paths->Include Files, put only "$(LazarusDir)/lcl/" and delete everything else.