Castle Game Engine
- You can use any 3D or 2D software to create models in various formats: glTF, X3D, VRML, Spine JSON, Collada.... In particular creating game models in Blender is fully supported, through the glTF format.
- The engine can be used to compile desktop (Linux, Windows, macOS), mobile (Android, iOS) and consoles (Nintendo Switch) games.
- You can design and build applications in a visual editor. The editor utilizes a command-line build tool under the hood. The build tool calls FPC and some other tools to compile and run the project.
- Many graphic effects are available: physically-based rendering, shadows, mirrors, bump mapping, shader effects, gamma correction. Rendering is done through OpenGL or OpenGLES.
- Numerous services, like in-app purchases and game services, are available on mobile devices. See Android servcies, iOS services.
- The user interface is cross-platform and supports anchors and automatic scaling.
The engine is open-source. The engine may be used under GNU LGPL with "static linking exception", just like FPC RTL and Lazarus LCL. So you can make both open- and closed-source games.
glTF 3D scene with outlines:
Using gizmo to design 2D game:
"Escape from the Universe" game localized to Japanese:
Strategy game, using Tiled to design maps:
3rd-person camera demo:
3D model browser in Lazarus: