PascalSane provides pascal bindings for the libsane library, enabling Lazarus and FreePascal applications to access scanners under Linux.
Principal operations :
- list available scanners
- list options for a specified scanner
- set options for a scanner
- capture scanner input in PNM format
The download contains the libsane bindings and a unit saneutils.pas which provides some simple functions for manipulating scanner data. It also contains a demonstration Lazarus application, which contains examples of operations that can be performed using libsane.
Malcolm Poole: mgpoole at users.sourceforge.net
The libsane headers are in the public domain. The demo application is licensed under the GPL
The latest stable release can be found at https://code.google.com/archive/p/ocrivist/downloads.
- Version 0.2 8 May 2011
- - Added missing functions and bitwise enumerations
- - corrected translation of constraint union in SANE_Option_Descriptor
- - fixed a number of memory management issues in demo project
- - added libsane test backend to demo project
- Version 0.1 19 November 2008
Dependencies / System Requirements
- libsane (libsane-dev for Ubuntu)
How to include PascalSane in a Lazarus application
- add 'sane' to the uses statement
- in the Project Options dialog, add the path to sane.pas in the Other Unit Files section.
The PascalSane Example Application
- Open pascalsanedemo.lpi
- set path to sane.pas in Project Options dialog