Moved April & November 2014 --BigChimp 09:00, 21 April 2014 (CEST)
Noticed the "this page has been converted from the epikwiki version" notice had been taken down and is put back up. If I follow the link I get a page with "Sorry, an internal error has occurred." How long ago was this conversion done? Is it relevant in any way for the contents of the page? I'd prefer getting rid of it as well and am interested to know the reason for keeping it.
Thanks, --BigChimp 18:58, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- Hello BigChimp, it's accepted to store all revisions of a page. The mediawiki software already contains this feature. You are able to check every contribution. But in our case only the contributions after the change from epikwiki to mediawiki are available. From my point it's only fair to keep every information about the epikwiki contributions. Regards, --Swen 15:59, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
- With all due respect this is really ridiculous. There is nothing as revision log or list of contributors from epikwiki. What has been deleted was only general statement which has no practical use for any potential reader. This is only last residuum which has been already deleted from other pages. Referred link is not valid for some time. If someone want to point to original roots of this wiki then one can create separated page and describe relevant history such EpikWiki to MediaWiki conversion. No need to do mess on other pages.
- Point is that Getting Lazarus is last page where epikwiki reference was not removed yet. And in other cases such modification passed without objections.
- Conclusion: epikwiki is dead, conversion history is not important for future => information should be removed
- There are other more important topics regerding wiki enhancements such reorganisation of main page, make better multilingual support, enhance visual style, add Extension:Collection for exporting pages as PDF books, add better Extension:WikiEditor, and many others... These would be steps forward.
- --Chronos 05:19, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I agree with Chronos that keeping this info on the page itself serves no purpose: it only says it was converted from epikwiki, no info on authors etc. If a changelog is important: the deletion of the epikwiki info is logged in this wiki so you can always see what happened. As a user I wouldn't care what epikwiki is, when it was used etc. I just want to get Lazarus... So suggest removing it.
- Hope you can see my point and agree, thanks,
- --BigChimp 18:48, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
- Nobody complained - deleted it. The deleted section is still forever in the history in case anybody is interested.
- --BigChimp 11:03, 31 May 2014 (CEST)
Development versions from Mercurial
There is a Hg mirror of the official SubVersion repository being maintained on florianklaempfl.de.
This mirror does not exist any more. See the message from Florian Klämpfl.
Daily Snapshot method
Snapshots are currently unavailable. See also the Lazarus Snapshots Downloads page.
Setting path on Windows
AFAIK Windows parses PATH from left to right, So appending the path to fpc's make to the original path will still invoke Delphi's path when that is in the PATH environment. I have fpc's path before Delphi's, and "make" executes fpc's make.exe, not Delphi's. --Bart (talk) 23:24, 25 June 2018 (CEST)
Russian version of page "Getting Lazarus"
Somebody, plz, add correct link for russian page of subj. Thank U