FPC and Allegro
English (en) │
español (es) │
Allegro is a cross-platform library mainly aimed at video game and multimedia programming. It handles common, low-level tasks such as creating windows, accepting user input, loading data, drawing images, playing sounds, etc. and generally abstracting away the underlying platform. However, Allegro is not a game engine: you are free to design and structure your program as you like.
Allegro 5 has the following additional features:
- Supported on Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, iPhone and Android.
- User-friendly, intuitive C API usable from many languages.
- Hardware accelerated bitmap and graphical primitive drawing support (via OpenGL or Direct3D).
- Audio recording support.
- Font loading and drawing.
- Video playback.
- Abstractions over shaders and low-level polygon drawing.
- And more!
To use Allegro with Free Pascal you need the Allegro.pas wrapper.
- Tutorial 0: Installation.
- Tutorial 1: Basic program, Allegro initialization and opening a window.
- Tutorial 2: Loading and drawind images. Data module and game title.
- Tutorial 3: Basic game. User input. Sprites.
- Tutorial 4: Sound.