From Lazarus wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Fpcmake is a makefile generator. It generates a makefile "Makefile" from a definition file called "Makefile.fpc".
It defines some default targets always present:
- Clean -- clean all programs and units explicitly stated to be cleaned by clean, but not other units.
- Cleanall -- clean also all units (*.ppu).
- Error message, that the command __missing_command__ is missing. This happens when a tool required by the make process is not found. Remedy: Add the path to the tool as an option to make, like DATA2INC=/path/to/data2inc, for the tool data2inc
- Clean does not delete the files I expect. This happens when the files was generated by a call to make where certain options was given. Remedy: Call make clean with the same options. Options which may affect this is:
- FPC or PP (Tells make which version of the compiler created the files, this affects *.*w files generated for Windows for fpc < 1.1. To erase these files, please give an fpc 1.0 compiler as a parameter)
- Make cannot find tools asw, ldw. Happens only when making for fpc 1.0.* Remedy: Make a copy of the tools as and ld, rename them asw, ldw.