Issues with 2.1.4 aka 2.2.0 beta
The debug problem for x86_64.
Florian is working on this, and asked Marc for help(?) What is the status? Do you/we think it's fixable before 2.2.0?
The "arch" issue
Is this the "arch"/"uname"/"-iSP" issue? Then the "arch" command returns the architecture of the running system. Doesn't 'fpc -PP' the same in all circumstances?!?
Linux using FPC_USE_LIBC
What's the current status? If it's merged it's ok? What about the stat-record. Are the changes in the stat-record ok?
Fixed in revisions 7979 and 7982. But there's some disussion left. There are rumours that Daniel fixed it. Can we merge it?
IDE Compiler options
Daniel is working on this one.
These revisions should be checked, or the reason why they shoudn't be committed is given:
- 7879, 7891, 7903 - prefer not to, seldom a problem, merge after 2.2.0
- 7959 Unimportant, occurs seldom. real2str code, so hairy and could have unforeseen side effects.
- 7944 Fixes bug which only appeared after range checking changes by Daniel, which have not been merged back afaik.
- 7935 Support for bitpacked records in dwarf. Fairly invasive, and since it also changed the code which generates debug info for regular records, it could in theory break something there. Don't merge.
- 7907 Only a change of a new warning introduced by Daniel, I don't think this warning has been merged.
- 7363 ?
- 7252 - It's an irritating bug and Daniel is pretty confident about the patch. But not enough yet. It has a conflict, though. It needs 7183
- 7979, 7982 - bug 9141, but Florian thinks it can have unforeseeable consequences
- 7940 ?
- 7937, 7938 ?
- 7637 ?
- 7896 - can somebody check this?
- 7446 - 2.3.1 specific
- 7972, 7973, 7974 - Should be merged now that FPC_USE_LIBC works in linux/x86_32 (tested)
- 7577 - Tomas thinks it has to be merged
- 7925 ?
- 7916 ?
- 7905 ?
- 7800 ?
- 7794 ?
- 7965 - 2.3.1 specific
- 7643 - variant/date troubles only manual merge possible - too difficult
- 7955 - Dependent on TCustomSQLQuery, which isn't merged