Issues with 2.4.0 release candidates
This page is supposed to contain all issues discovered while testing release candidates and their status. Make sure to include information about the platform where the problem appears (if applicable). Once the issue gets resolved, you should strike it over and add number of SVN revision fixing it. If the revision number refers to a SVN repository different from "fpc" (i.e. "fpcbuild" or "fpcdocs"), include information about the SVN repository too.
cpu-os: IE209101221 while compiling XYZ.pas- r123456
- docs: missing description of XYZ
readme.txt: wrong version number- r654321 (fpcbuild)
Issues with 2.4.0-rc1
- I have found some minor issues in the ref.tex documentation (r617). I have already submitted a few patches and comments to the Mantis bug tracker. Last night I found a few more issues - I'll create more patches for those today. --Ggeldenhuys 07:28, 18 November 2009 (CET)
- Intel Core Duo T5500 - Vista 32 bits -- Inoussa
readme.txt is not up to date (see line 18 says "FPC 2.2.2", the platforms list does not include Mac OS X on PowerPC64/x86_64/ARM (iPhone) )fixed in tags/release_2.4.0, but an extra check of the platform lists would not hurt. faq.txt is not up to date ( line 152 says "The latest official version is 2.2.4" ). html help in the fp IDE : code samples are shown as garbage ( the code samples are visible in the browser though ) (marco: caused by relinkdocs/sax_html only outputing utf-8. Maybe easier fixed in the IDE? Also has impact on other accents though.)a fix is svn but needs more testing.
- make tests :
- Total = 5098 (34:5064)
- Total number of compilations = 2955 (18:2937)
- Successfully compiled = 2333
- Successfully failed = 604
- Compilation failures = 15
- Compilation that did not fail while they should = 3
- Total number of runs = 2143 (16:2127)
- Successful runs = 2127
- Failed runs = 16
- The "Free Pascal Programmer's Guide" section 7.3 "Using smart linking" says that on the command line the option can be activated with -Cx while it is -CX ( note the upper cased "X" )
- Known problem persists: win32 installer proposes to install in 2.2.4 directory. (previous install of 2.2.4 on this machine).
- The sqlite3 stub has sqlite3_result_cint, sqlite3_result_cint64 instead of sqlite3_result_int, sqlite3_result_int64. This prevents any application to use sqlite3 since there is no sqlite3_result_cint entry in the sqlite3 shared library. (Marco: will be hard. This is in fixed in trunk in a jumbo patch from Ivo (r13981), fixing it loosely will cause merge problems later). I don't think that will be a good idea left out sqlite3.
- On wince using KOL-CE but I believe it will be in any other framework I'm having problems with accented chars my source code is in UTF-8 and on other versions of fpc it shows the accented chars correctly but with fpc 2.4.rc1 I'm getting incorrect displayed chars. Like 'á' -> 'Ãi'.