Difference between revisions of "Lazarus Development Process"
(→What we have done)
|Line 123:||Line 123:|
Revision as of 18:22, 20 October 2013
- 1 Who are developers
- 2 Setting the target of a bugfix
- 3 What we are planning to do
- 4 What we have done
- 5 What we will not do
- 6 Old - can this be removed?
- 7 See also
Who are developers
Setting the target of a bugfix
When new bugs are entered, we try to give them a target in which version the bug will be fixed. If a bug is set to post 1.2, that means the developers think this bug is not important enough to block a 1.0.x release. Of course you can make sure these post 1.2 issues are fixed in the 1.0.x release by providing patches for these issues.
Some criteria are:
- Only gtk2, qt and win32 widget sets are stable in 1.0.x. Bugs for other widget set (carbon) are set to post 1.2.
- Until 1.0 there will be a feature freeze. New features and components generally get a post 1.2 target. Bugs affecting stability have a higher priority than bugs fixing the implementation of a property.
- Some components are not stable enough and should be disabled for 1.0.x. If they are disabled, then fixing them before 1.2 will not be necessary.
What we are planning to do
Lazarus 0.9.30 todo Lazarus 0.9.28 todo Lazarus 0.9.26 todo Detailed Lazarus 0.9.24 todo Detailed Lazarus 0.9.22 todo
- Detailed Lazarus release template todo
- Current Roadmap (v.1.0.4) - Roadmap of current Lazarus version (There are roadmap of Lazarus 1.2.0 too)
- Roadmap - Current status of the some parts of Lazarus (IDE, LCL and others)
- Icon Editor Roadmap - Roadmap of Icon Editor Tool
- LCL Documentation Roadmap - Roadmap of LCL Documentation
What we have done
- Lazarus 1.4.0 release_notes - in progress
- Lazarus 1.2.0 release_notes - in progress
- Lazarus 1.0 release notes
- Lazarus 0.9.30 release notes
- Lazarus 0.9.28.2 release notes
- Lazarus 0.9.28 release notes
- Lazarus 0.9.26 release notes
- Lazarus 0.9.24 release notes
What we will not do
Old - can this be removed?
Below is some information about Lazarus 1.0 and earlier, kept for reference purposes.
Note: should this be kept? How long?
Road to 1.0
The work to be done is divided into 3 targets:
- things to be done before the next release (0.99.0): patches, regressions, some steps towards 1.0 chosen by developers, bug fixes
- things to be done before the 1.0 release: make Lazarus ready for a 1.0 release
- things to be done after the 1.0 release: less important bugs, support for new widgetsets and new features
|1.0.0||Vincent||Find out, what needs to be done to make it possible to install Lazarus in c:\Program Files\Lazarus (note space in path).|
|1.0.0||various||Help for common IDE items (see IDE Documentation Roadmap)|
|1.0.0||Tombo||Icon editor (see Icon Editor Roadmap)|
|1.0.0||various||Webbugs to be fixed before the 1.0 release: target 1.0 bugs|
|1.0.0||-||more LCL Documentation (see LCL Documentation Roadmap)|
|1.0.0||Marc||fix debugging in windows and linux|
|1.0.0||-||add framework for easily using resourcestrings and translations in applications. Mattias started this already. It works more or less for custom packages, but not yet for the auto-install packages like the LCL.|
After the 1.0 release
|post 1.0||-||Webbugs to be fixed after the 1.0 release: target post 1.2 bugs|
|post 1.0||Mattias||IDE Feature: Visual Form inheritance|
|post 1.0||Mattias||IDE Feature: lazdoc for translations|
Lazarus branches / version numbers around 1.0
This ASCII-art schema shows what the Lazarus developers have chosen as branching policy for the Lazarus 1.0 release. Time goes from left to right; the different branches are shown vertically. B indicates a branch point, T a tag (release).
0.9.30 0.9.30.2 0.9.30.4 | | | fixes_0_9_30: -- T - 0.9.30.1 - T - 0.9.30.3 - T - 0.9.30.5 -- End of life / | 0.99.0(1.0.RC1) 1.0.0 1.0.2 1.0.4 1.0.6 1.0.8 1.0.10 1.0.12 | | more RCs | | | | | | | fixes_1_0: | ------T - 0.99.1 -< .. >-- T - 1.0.1 -- T -- 1.0.3 -- T -- 1.0.5 -- T -- 1.0.7 -- T -- 1.0.9 -- T -- 1.0.11 -- T -- End of life | / | / 1.2.0 1.2.2 1.2.4 | / | | | fixes_1_2: | | ----- T - 1.2.1 --- T - 1.2.3----- T - 1.2.5 ---- End of life | | / | | | trunk: --- 0.9.29 --B-- 0.9.31 ------B- 1.1 -------------------------------------B------- 1.3 ------------ Developing for 1.4 or 2.0