From Lazarus wiki
- Before releasing 2.2.0 there will be a public beta available for about two months. The version number of the beta will be 2.1.4 (aka 2.2.0-beta)
- Before the beta there will be an 'internal' release, 2.1.2 to test the build-proces on all platforms. The release of 2.1.2 is the 'feature freeze' for version 2.2.0. In principle between version 2.1.2 and 2.1.4 only build-related patches are allowed.
- Merging patches should be done by the developers who are 'responsible' for that part of the code.
- Friday the 16th version 2.1.2 will be tagged from the fixes_2_2 branche
- If things go well, 2.1.4 will be tagged friday the 30th. If we are lucky, the release of 2.1.4 can be in the week thereafter.