Scientific Linux is a free enterprise Linux distribution that is derived from free sources of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution. It is sponsored and developed by the Fermi lab (Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory) with major contributions of CERN, ETH Zürich and DESY.
With its main goal to provide a world class environment for scientific computing needs it focusses on the needs of experimental facilities, scientists and researchers.
Scientific Linux has an install base in experiments on all seven continents, and it has been loaded onto systems at the International Space Station.
- Download current RPM packages for your processor type (32 or 64 bit)
- fpc for Free Pascal (required for all configurations)
- fpc-src for Free Pascal sources (required for code completion)
- lazarus for the Lazarus IDE
- Install the packages by double clicking.