Noticed the "this page has been converted from the epikwiki version" notice had been taken down and is put back up. If I follow the link I get a page with "Sorry, an internal error has occurred." How long ago was this conversion done? Is it relevant in any way for the contents of the page? I'd prefer getting rid of it as well and am interested to know the reason for keeping it.
Thanks, --BigChimp 18:58, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- Hello BigChimp, it's accepted to store all revisions of a page. The mediawiki software already contains this feature. You are able to check every contribution. But in our case only the contributions after the change from epikwiki to mediawiki are available. From my point it's only fair to keep every information about the epikwiki contributions. Regards, --Swen 15:59, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
- With all due respect this is really ridiculous. There is nothing as revision log or list of contributors from epikwiki. What has been deleted was only general statement which has no practical use for any potential reader. This is only last residuum which has been already deleted from other pages. Referred link is not valid for some time. If someone want to point to original roots of this wiki then one can create separated page and describe relevant history such EpikWiki to MediaWiki conversion. No need to do mess on other pages.
- Point is that Getting Lazarus is last page where epikwiki reference was not removed yet. And in other cases such modification passed without objections.
- Conclusion: epikwiki is dead, conversion history is not important for future => information should be removed
- There are other more important topics regerding wiki enhancements such reorganisation of main page, make better multilingual support, enhance visual style, add Extension:Collection for exporting pages as PDF books, add better Extension:WikiEditor, and many others... These would be steps forward.
- --Chronos 05:19, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
When following the instructions to install the lazarus-0.9.2 package on Ubuntu Feisty, symbolic links are created in /usr/bin for lazarus, lazbuild and startlazarus, however they point to a /tmp/lazarus0.9.22/lazarus_build/usr/share/lazarus/* location which doesn't exist. A note should probably be added to relink them to /usr/share/lazarus/* until the package is corrected. --Dreeve 04:58, 24 October 2007 (CEST)
The batch stuff doesn't seem to work under Xandros (EEEPC901 default):
/home/user> gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu:11371 --recv-keys 6A11800F gpg: requesting key 6A11800F from hkp server pgp.mit.edu gpg: key 6A11800F: "Vincent Snijders (gpg key for lazarus ubuntu repository) <email@example.com>" not changed gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: unchanged: 1 /home/user> gpg --export 6A11800F | apt-key add - gpg: can't open `/etc/apt/trusted.gpg' gpg: keydb_get_keyblock failed: eof gpg: no writable keyring found: eof gpg: error reading `-': general error gpg: import from `-' failed: general error
- Xbspiro 15:18, 8 November 2008 (CET)