How to create new page
I want to create new page, but I don't know how. I see the option to edit existing page, but I don't see how to create a new one. Is it perhaps not allowed? If it is the case, please write it clearly, so that people don't lose time trying to figure out how to do it.
- Hello, this wiki uses the MediaWiki software. You can create new pages like in any other wiki (maybe this page can help you: ). Please use english words for the page title in order that other people can imagine the content. If you want to create a page with a content written in a different language, please use a suffix (e.g. /ru for a russian page). Regards, --Swen 17:25, 2 February 2010 (CET)
- Thank you, Swen. I finally figured it out.
Lazarus Help Files Installation
Just a thought here ... the first thing a person needs after installing Lazarus is probably the help files. Instead, after firing up lazerus and going to the 'help' menue I get a link to something online. WTF. So I go digging around and find a help build bat which I run, but wait, burried inside the bat is a note that I have to change a path and build another lpi file first. So I do this and compile the lpi in the help folders and then run the bat to build the help files. Amazing that I even stumbled across this shit... and help still doesn't work from the 'help' menu.
Lazarus' "help" is a discombobulated clusterfuck of an embarrassment. I mean really, just think about this, someone installs Lazarus and there is no fucking help from the help menue. Just exactly what the hell is wrong with you people. --Atp 20:24, 5 December 2008 (CET)
- Update. you guys should really look at Python's documentation. Really. Pretend you've never used Lazarus or free pascal - install it - then try to figure out how to create a file on the hard drive and write a string to it. Your help files are essentially useless for this. When I taught myself Python it took about ten minutes. So I go open an example project to look at, and guess what ... It closes the project I was working on. Utterly un-fucking-believable. --Atp 20:41, 5 December 2008 (CET)
Tone is a bit harsh, but I can certainly agree with the sentiments. Shouldn't this be moved somewhere to a Lazarus Help section? --JimBeam 14:19, 26 July 2011 (CEST)
Afaik helpfiles now come with releases, so this is all old hat. Marcov 09:08, 6 December 2012 (UTC)
I moved a lot of stuff here that seems outdated, and could even be deleted. If it isn't outdated, please feel free to move it back and leave a note here. Thanks. --JimBeam 14:19, 26 July 2011 (CEST)
Were can I find a complete set of all modules required to satisfy all dependencies for the FPC 2.2 installation ? Many of the failed dependencies I encountered are not housed with the fpc collection found on sourceforge.
Also, is there a wiki for Delphi ex-patriots ?
Dragonsixseven 17:30, 13 December 2005 (CT)
In the Documentation and Download sections, could you mention that installation is documented, and link to [Installing Lazarus]? --JimBeam 08:31, 6 June 2011 (CEST)
- Done! --Jonas 10:32, 7 June 2011 (CEST)
how i can translate the main page to spanish? I want to create NEW pages in spanish without erase the english iformation. it's as easy as clic edit, translate and save? thanks Meez 21:28, 19 Apr 2005 (PDT)
If you edit an existing page, you will overwrite it. So you need to copy the information to a new page first. Vincent 04:34, 20 Apr 2005 (PDT)
fine, but how i can create new pages and how i can copy the information? I don't find help about it... with the edit option I only change the name of the page... Thanks Meez 21:46, 20 Apr 2005 (PDT)
Ok, vincent, thanks for your help. I found the mode of create new pages. Perhaps it's no orthodox mode but... Runs!!!! the page is on translation but in a fews days the spanish comunity will can read the lazarus documentation in their natal language Meez 22:10, 20 Apr 2005 (PDT)
I translated the main page and fixed 'es' as the language suffix(thanks for your idea), but i don't know how to erase the pages that was created with the suffix 'esp'. Do you know how i can do it? thanks --Meez 09:21, 21 Apr 2005 (PDT)
- You can't delete the page. You could have used the move page feature, but now I will delete all the Esp pages.Vincent 23:56, 21 Apr 2005 (PDT)
- I used the move page feature, vincent; I moved the pages first to main page/esp, later I moved to "pagina principal/esp", thinking that I could translate the title of the page and finally i remove to "main page/esp". Therefore I created all those pages. If you can, delete those pages. The good page is main page/es, please don't delete it. Excuse me for that mistake.--Meez 06:07, 22 Apr 2005 (PDT)
I would like to translate documentation pages into Polish - could somebody insert link to the Main Page/pl on Main Page? --Pekar 14:32, 23 June 2006 (CEST)
Should we use 'Polish' or do you have an expression like Русский for the russian page? --Swen 15:12, 23 June 2006 (CEST)
- I belive polski is the polish name for polish, thats certainly what wikipedia seems to use. Plugwash 21:11, 27 September 2006 (CEST)
Very intresting wiki site!... Thanx! --HarryRens 02:07, 16 Oct 2005 (CEST)
Creating new accounts on USA forum
I realise this is a highly inappropriate place to post, but I have some questions about the Lazarus project (Linux related), and the site forum registration doesn't seem to work. I have tried two differen't email addresses (none hotmail aswell), and I get nothing. I've tried 'retrieving password code' aswell, which apparently is emailed, but nothing every arrives.
There is no where to contact the webmaster to let them know. Perhaps others cannot create new accounts either? email me: adammaynard24(at)hotmail.com.
You can send your questions also to the mailing list http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=StaticPage&file=index&sURL=maill --Swen 16:51, 17 July 2006 (CEST)
USA forum II
I cannot create an account on forum (23.Jan.2007). And, if I try to submit a second registration, page says "sorry, already registered e-mail", but nothing arrives and I do not have a password yet.
- if you mean the forum at http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=index, send a mail to Michael Hess (mhess at miraclec.com).
30 second quick wiki tutorial link is now dead, and I can't find a suitable replacement. Suggest the link is removed. Mike Thompson 4 July 2014