This is helper unit win32menustyler, which helps to theme TMainMenu/TPopupMenu for Lazarus Windows apps. Sometimes app has dark theme, so it's needed to make TMainMenu also dark.
About other OS: GitHub repo has cross-platform "lazmenustyler" unit, but it don't give any effect on gtk2 demo app. And it should not work on macOS, macOS has very special theming and menu is located on the screen top.
Author: Alexey Torgashin
License: MPL 2.0 or LGPL
- add win32menustyler to "uses"
- in form's OnShow, call: MenuStyler.ApplyToForm(Self, False) and MenuStyler.ApplyToMenu() for all needed PopupMenus
- when needed to apply different colors later:
- change them in global theme var
- call MenuStyler.ApplyToForm(Self, True): second param should be True here, this forces form's resize to repaint the menu bar
- not needed to call again MenuStyler.ApplyToMenu() for PopupMenus
- to cancel theming, call MenuStyler.ResetForm() and MenuStyler.ResetMenu()
Unit gives global var to change all theming details:
type TWin32MenuStylerTheme = record ColorBk: TColor; ColorBkSelected: TColor; ColorFont: TColor; ColorFontDisabled: TColor; CharCheckmark: Widechar; CharRadiomark: Widechar; FontName: string; FontSize: integer; end; var MenuStylerTheme: TWin32MenuStylerTheme;