From Lazarus wiki
This is a list of things I hope to work on the coming time, so you can see I have great ideas. ;-)
- Improve Lazarus release building process:
create a tool for automating building Lazarus releases. The current process requires me to login on several build machines, switch to the correct tag and start the release building. I hope to improve this using BLR.Lazarus 0.9.30.2 and 0.9.30.4 and its release candidates were built with BLR.
- Add md5sum checking to confirm that all uploads have been done correctly.
- create a tool to select revisions to be merged to the fixes branch from the available revision list
- I started this, source is in svn at http://svn.xp-dev.com/svn/vsnijders-merge-tool/
- make deb snapshots and put them in a lazarus-unstable repository
- after testing by users, those debs can be moved to the existing lazarus-testing repository
- create a test suite, that can be run unattended, for example after a nightly build or before a release.
- find out how to setup mediawiki multilingual
- improve language detection
- create documentation (stubs) for lcl/widgetset. Here details for implementing a widgetset interface can be added, such as assumptions on what the LCL expects. It can help porting the LCL to a new widget set.
- creating a source based installer for win32. User can select packages and if they want to have rtl with debug info.
- write a database backend for FPCBots markov response generator to replace the in-memory stringlists and file persistant storage.
- Improve help integration in the IDE
- easier installation of local help
- make local version of IDE help
- make help browser ready (robust enough) for use in big ide
- better search (port Lucene?), OTOH chm search works fine
If you have suggestions or comments, feel free to add them to the talk page.