VirtualTreeview is a treeview control built from ground up.
Its main caracteristics are :
- extremely fast. Adding one million nodes takes only ~700 milliseconds
- very small memory foot print. by only allocating about 60 bytes per node
- optimized for high speed access. It takes as few as 0.5 seconds to traverse one million nodes
- Multiselection is supported
- Drawing the entire tree to a bitmap or the printer is supported
- fixed background image can be used
- Hot style for nodes is supported
- Nodes can have individual heights
- Sorting via compare callback
- using Unicode/wide strings exclusively
- Multiple columns are supported
- ... and many more
The download contains the component, an installation package and a simple demo application, that illustrates the basic usage of the component.
This component was designed for cross-platform applications.
Author: Mike Lischke
LCL Port: Joerg Thaler,Christian Ulrich
The latest stable release can be found on the Lazarus CCR Files page.
Complete Changelog can be found at Main VirtualTreeview Page
Dependencies / System Requirements
- FPC > 1.9.9
- Lazarus CVS > 27-04-2005
Issues: Tested on Windows,Linux. Needs testing on MacOS.
- Create the directory lazarus\components\virtualtreeview
- On this directory, unzip the files from the zip file
- Open lazarus
- Open the package ta.lpk with Component/Open package file (.lpk)
- Click on Compile
- Click on Install
Can be found at Main VirtualTreeview Page