Detailed 2.4.0 Todo
From Lazarus wikiJump to navigationJump to search
This todo is for people working on fpc to write down what they want to do till 2.4.0 is released. It's not a wishlist what shall be done. Feature requests etc. should be added to mantis.
- Document changes potentially affecting currently working code to User Changes 2.4.0 (all)
- Document regcal stack parameter order change
- Document val change regarding the handling of #0
- Use fppkg for package repository (Micha)
- Fix bugs with target 2.4.0
packages (Florian/Peter) Module handling rewrite (Peter/Florian) Crosscompiling to Mac OS X(Marco, been done, but not end user ready)
- dispinterfaces (Florian)
- improve HTML rendering of IDE (Florian/Tomas(?))
Internal linker for ELF platforms?
- generics support (Florian)
- Fix all testsuite failures which are in 2.1.x but not in 2.0.x (all)
- bug fixing (all)
- Ansistrings/widestrings should show in gdb as string, not address. We can achieve this by emitting debug information for zero terminated strings.
- Fix -pg gprof support.
- Use fpmake for building (Michael/Peter)
- get an initial set of packages for often used pkgs. (during RC'ing?)
- 64-bit file support for Solaris (?)
- 64-bit file support for MacOS (?)
- 64-bit file support for Netwlibc (?)
Fix get_caller_frame stuff for code without stackframes(Jonas)
- ARM badly needs mod/divide helpers in assembler
- basic template unit (map and list) (Neli)
- Make decision about threading in Linux (NTPL, unit libc) (bug 6280) (???, Marco is willing to help with the implementation)
- fix internal ThreadManager inconsistencies (Ales?, March 31? - probably not)
- DB: Restructure the db-testsuite (Joost)
- DB: bufdataset: implement calculated fields (Joost)
- DB: bufdataset: implement in-memory-filtering (Joost)
- DB: bufdataset: make it possible to use bufdataset directly, thus not only it's descendents. (like TClientDataset) (Joost)
- DB: bufdataset: save and read datapackets as XML (Joost)
- DB: sqldb: improve speed by fetching more then one record at a time (Joost)
- DB: sqldb: add the ability to make plugins (Joost)
- DB: sqldb: a backup and restore plugin for firebird (Joost)
- DB: sqldb: revise the TSQLScript component (2.4.0 ? Joost)
- If possible: set up a test-suite for the fcl, like the db-testsuite. In such a way thet it can be used automatically, just like the compiler test-suite (Joost)
- Check and modify compile options window to reflect all new 2.2 compiler options.
- Update runtime error list.
- CHM distribution. (Switch textmode IDE docs to CHM?)
- Packages that use widestring, but are not com related should change to tunicodestring (or maybe RTLSTRING), e.g. xmlcfg*.pp