IDE Window: Find in files
This dialog allows to setup search and replace patterns for searching in multiple files.
Setup the options and click the Find button at the bottom to start the search. A window will open showing the progress. It contains a button to abort the search, if it takes too long. When all files are searched the Search Results window will open.
- Text to find
- Replace - check this to enable the replace text field.
- Case sensitive - distinguish lower and uppercase (for example 'a' and 'A')
- Whole words only - found text must start and end at a word boundary (position between word-chars and non-word-chars)
- Regular expression - treat texts as IDE regular expressions
- Multiline pattern - for reg-expressions, activates option "dot means also newlines"
- search all files in project - search in all files, that belong to the current project
- search all open files - search in all files opened in the source editor
- search in directories - search in folder(s) specified in option below
- search in the current file
- Directory - folder paths, where the search starts. Allowed several paths separated by ";", trailing slashes ignored. Use the "..." button to the right to open a dialog to choose a directory.
- File mask - defines mask(s) for the files, that are searched. Only text files will be searched. Examples for masks are: "*.pas" or "*.pas;*.pp;*.inc". The combobox contains last entered masks.
- Include sub directories - allows to search in all subfolders.