IDE Window: Installed Packages
This is the list of packages, that will be compiled into the IDE when it is rebuild. At the moment only static packages are available, so you have to rebuild the IDE to install/uninstall a package.
- Uninstall selection: Removes the selected packages from the above list.
- Import list: Load the list from a file.
- Export list: Save the above list to a file (XML format).
List: Available for installation
This is the list of all packages the IDE has seen on your system. If you miss a package in this list, close the dialog and open the package (.lpk) once. Then open the dialog again.
- Install selection: Add the selected packages from the above list to the left list of packages to install.
Memo: Package info
Show some information about the last clicked package. For example Author and Description, if available.
- Cancel: Discard changes and close the dialog.
- Save and rebuild: Save changes and rebuild the IDE to compile the packages into. The packages will be available, when you restart the IDE. Depending on your installation, the IDE executable is readonly. In this case the IDE puts the new executable into the config directory. (Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Solaris: $HOME/.lazarus/bin/lazarus, Windows: ?). The startlazarus program automatically starts the correct executable. If you started lazarus manually you must start the correct one yourself.
- Save and exit dialog: Save changes and exit dialog. The next time you rebuild the IDE the packages will be compiled into the IDE.