English (en) │
This portal collects together in one place a significant number of short demonstration programs that have been posted on the Free Pascal and Lazarus Forums. Each of the demonstration programs generally provides a simple example of one particular development technique.
The Portal was the brainchild of Handoko who also provided the initial list of demonstration programs from the Forums.
- OpenGL ES2 Circle. Requirement: LAMW. Drawing a circle using jCanvasES2.DrawLine instead of DrawCircle.
- OpenGL ES2 Rectangle. Requirement: LAMW. Drawing a rectangle using jCanvasES2.DrawPolyFill instead of DrawRect.
- Simple polygon animation. Requirement: LAMW. A simple animation using jCanvas.
- Binary file demo. How to show, append and delete data from a binary file.
- Text file demo. How to read and append data to a text file.
- Text File Demo #2. How to read and append data to a text file.
- Save component values to a file. Save text data easily using TStringList.SaveToFile.
- Load and show image from Resource Stream. How to add an image to a project resource and load it.
- Load a picture and show it. How to use OpenPictureDialog and LoadFromFile.
- Detect kind of file using DragAndDrop. How to detect the type of file using drag and drop.
- Drawing, moving, making connection between shapes. Shows TShape can be used for simple diagram drawing.
- Generating a huge text file. Demonstrates a technique for reducing program responsiveness to improve performance.
- Drag and drop shape. Drag and drop without using the built-in drag and drop feature.
- Minimize to TaskBar or Tray. A workaround to minimize to tray, not the best solution but works.
- TMyCircle Component. How to write your own component, the OOP way.
- Moving an Object by pressing a key. How to detect left/right shift key pressing.
- Pausing and Continuing an animation. How to pause and continue the animation.
- Control an Object's direction using the keyboard. How to detect user keyboard input.
- Convert Unicode to TBytes. How to use WideBytesOf and WideString functions.
- Communicate between two programs. This demo showing how to use simpleipc.
- Get pixel color of an image. It may sound easy but actually it is not so easy.
- A very simple single player Pong game.
- Game Map Editor. A very basic load and edit map for game.
- Fading images using BGRABitmap. Requirement: BGRABitmap. Build your own slideshow and learn doing proportional scaling using aspect ratio of the picture.
- Center, resize image on the screen. Resize an image at the center position of the image.
- Simple animation. A very basic animation using a TTimer.
- Moving circles. How to fix an unwanted flickering effect.
- Change background color of an image. A not so accurate colorshift on an image.
- OpenGL 2D Text Using Textures. Requirement: LazOpenGLContext. How to write text in OpenGL using textures loaded from an image file.
- TCanvas Text. How to draw superscript and subscript text using TCanvas.
- Sticky Balls. Not so accurate inverse kinematics demo.
- GradientFill Rectangle. How to use GradientFill.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors. A simple game. Note for Unix/like operating systems: change the path delimiter to make the code work.
- Bullet and asteroid collision detection. How to do collision detection between a bullet and a polygonal object.
- Draw Circles Using CSMFL. Requirement: SFML/CSFML headers binding and CSFML libraries. How to use CSFML in FPC.
- Get pixel color of an image. How to load an image, show its information and the pixel color under the mouse pointer.
- Move a shape with a mouse. Move rectangles using a mouse.
- Selection Demo. A movable and resizeable selection.
- Sprite picking and moving. Hit Testing - a must learn topic for every graphics programmer.
- Dancing Balls. Balls that connect to each other.
- Screenshot capture. How to screenshot capture and crop.
- Game Client and Server. The basics for building a client and server program.
- FTP Connect. Requirement: Synapse (can be installed using OPM). How to connect to a FTP server.
- HTML to Text. Requirement: fasthtmlparser. Extract data from a web page.
- TCP/IP client and server. Requirement: Synapse.
- Make your UI look interesting by adding some simple transition effects.
- Searchable StringGrid. Requirement: DBFLaz. Load data from a dbf, show it on a TStringGrid, search and highlight the cells. See here and here.
- Popup with ListBox. A custom popup form with a list box.
- Frameless popup. An alternative to ShowMessage.
- Drag a Button to a Panel. How to do drag and drop.
- Checkbox in a StringGrid. TStringGrid can show a checkbox instead of text.
- Color Fade ProgressBar. Requirement: BGRAControls. How to use TBGRAFlashProgressBar.
- Darken a Form. Requirement: BGRAControls. How to darken a form.
- a Form. Requirement: BGRAControls. How to darken the Main Form when a modal window is shown.
- Open a Form beside the current Form. Programmatically open and close a form beside the current form.
- Scaling a Form. How to scale a form by using TForm.ScaleBy. Unfortunately it does not work correctly on Linux.
- Vertical Menu. How to make a vertical menu using TPanel and TScrollBox.
- Colorful Panels. How to use TControl.Align.
- Button with animation. How to show a TBitButton with animation images.
- Small icon in a TEdit. How to put an icon in a TEdit.
- StringGrid Cell Validation. Automatically set focus on the cell if it contains incorrect input.
- ListBox Work as Tabs For StringGrid. How to add items to a ListBox and StringGrid at runtime.
- Vertical Menu. A TVerticalMenu component.
- Color Fade ProgressBar. How to color fade a progress bar without using a third party component.
- ShowMessage in Console Mode. Requirement: LCL needed to be in the project’s required packages. How to use ShowMessage in a console mode program.
- Save & Restore StringGrid. How to save/load a grid’s content.
- StringGrid With Autosum Column. How to create a column that can auto calculate the row sum.
- Activate button with keypress. How to activate a button with a keypress.
- Detect user's language. How to detect the user's language (multi-platform method).