Talk:Lazarus Application Gallery
From Lazarus wikiJump to navigationJump to search
This page and Projects_using_Lazarus are very similar.
- The main difference is (or should be) that Projects_using_Lazarus loads quickly because it doesn't contains screenshots, and is more categorized. It is intended to give a complete overview what has been made with Lazarus. The gallery is meant for the eye candy, Wow, can you do this with Lazarus!-things. I think it is best to keep them separate, remove the screenshots from Projects_using_Lazarus and add them here. --Vincent 14:59, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
- How about the solution from the freepascal page(http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_Applications/Projects_Gallery) with a screenshot with reduced and fixed size? --Mischi 19:02, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
- Why is quick loading important? Especially because a first impression of an application/project is traditionally (with reason IMO) conveyed by screenshots/"eye candy" :) I'd say the speed argument is less important than the problem of duplicate info.
- Re categorization: I agree, but a merged page could be categorized just as well. --BigChimp 09:02, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
- IMO the purpose of this page is now about the same as Projects using Lazarus: a list of programs/project programmed with Lazarus including screenshots. There's loads of screenshots on Projects using Lazarus; obviously wiki editors are confused about any difference or just do not care.
- I strongly suggest that these be merged into one page - Projects using Lazarus.
- Unless somebody objects, I'll put it on my to do list. Thanks, --BigChimp 08:43, 23 June 2014 (CEST)
- No objections from me. Big job though :-( I also prefer the FPC_Applications/Projects_Gallery format. You plan on doing this all in one go, or creating an interim page and building that up over time. If the latter, I don't mind helping out as well. Mike Thompson 23 June 2014