Win64 for AMD64
- 2.2.x (and above) compiler support
- compiler can build itself
- snapshot is available ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/i386-win32-2.2.0/fpc-2.2.0.x86_64-win64.exe
- test suite results for 2.3.1 version are at 30 failures (near to Win32, 27 failures) http://www.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/testsuite.cgi?os=16&cpu=8&version=0&date=
- Lazarus/FreePascal daily snapshot is available http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lazarus/
Compiling and building
Compiling a program
Win64 requires the usage of the internal linker of FPC so all programs must be compiled with -Xi.
Debugging and Profiling
There is currently no full debugger support available, we're working on improving this situation. Basic debugging can be done so far with WinDBG http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/install64bit.mspx, the missing dwarf support of WinDBG makes things a little bit difficult though.
GDB for Win64 (beta version) is already available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=202880&package_id=259447
add compiler target
adapt rtl units
adapt api units
get lazarus working
- get integrated debugger working
We're using our own assembler and linker to overcome the problem of the missing GNU Tools.
Information about the API etc. can be found at Win64/AMD64 API