IDE Window: Find
If this dialog is invoked by Main Menu > Search > Find menu item, then the replace option is disabled and the associated buttons are not visible. The replace options can be enabled by checking the "Replace with" checkbox.+ or + , or from the Lazarus IDE
- Text to find
- Replace with
These two fields contain the last searched text and replacement text (if any).will go back in history and will go forward in history and recall the previous search text and replacement text.
- Case sensitive - distinguish lowercase and uppercase (eg a and A).
- Whole words only - the found text must start at a word start and end at a word end.
- Regular expressions - treat texts as IDE regular expressions.
- Multi line - the search does not stop at line ends or in other words: the found text can contain multiple lines. You can paste/copy multiple lines from the source editor to the Find field and you will see the line endings. These line endings cannot be created by normal keys. When searching with regular expressions you can use + (backslash plus n) as marker for line end characters. This also activates "multi-line" reg-expression option: for example, reg-expression "begin.*Application" will find such text:
begin Something; Application
- Prompt on replace - ask before replacing (only enabled if replacing).
- From Cursor - start search at the cursor. If direction is forward, it searches until the end of the file.
- Entire Scope - start search at the text edge (at the beginning for forward search, at the end for backward search)
- Global - search in the whole file.
- Selected Text - limit the search to the selected text.
- Forward search - search top to bottom. Each line is searched from left to right.
- Backward search - search bottom to top. Each line is searched backward from left to right.