fpChess is still under construction. It should support playing via the internet as well as against a computer AI.
Binary releases can be found here:
fpchess is modular and new game modes are implemented in independent units.
This modules uses a Chess Engine licensed under public domain obtained from http://www.csbruce.com/~csbruce/chess/
The game engine is taken from this old Turbo Pascal program and it needed only minimal changes to keep running. The AI is not very strong, but it is configurable and extremely fast.
- 6 September 2011 - Version 0.6 released. Adds support for playing in the internet using the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS)
- 5 September 2011 - Version 0.5 released. Adds support for modules and for playing against the computer using the KCChess Engine
- 21 July 2011 - Version 0.1 released with support for playing 2 persons in the same computer
- Chess program ported from Delphi to Lazarus: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,14956.0.html
- Chess program in Lazarus: http://joselauro.bugs3.com/chess/
- Some chess AIs made in Delphi: http://www.stmintz.com/ccc/index.php?id=21807