User Changes 3.2.4
About this page
Listed below are intentional changes made to the FPC compiler (3.2.4) since the previous release that may break existing code. The list includes reasons why these changes have been implemented, and suggestions for how you might adapt your code if you find that previously working code has been adversely affected by these recent changes.
The list of new features that do not break existing code can be found here.
Please add revision numbers to the entries from now on. This facilitates moving merged items to the user changes of a release.
TMSSQLConnection uses TDS protocol version 7.3 (MS SQL Server 2008)
- Old behaviour: TMSSQLConnection used TDS protocol version 7.0 (MS SQL Server 2000).
- New behaviour: TMSSQLConnection uses TDS protocol version 7.3 (MS SQL Server 2008).
- Reason for change: native support for new data types introduced in MS SQL Server 2008 (like DATE, TIME, DATETIME2). FreeTDS client library version 0.95 or higher required.
- svn: 42737
DB.TFieldType: new types added
- Old behaviour: .
- New behaviour: Some of new Delphi field types were added (ftOraTimeStamp, ftOraInterval, ftLongWord, ftShortint, ftByte, ftExtended) + corresponding classes TLongWordField, TShortIntField, TByteField
- Reason for change: align with Delphi and open space for support of short integer and unsigned integer data types
- svn: 47217, 47219, 47220, 47221